Monroe County Assessor
300 N. Main St., Room 107
Paris, MO 65275
Office Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday- Friday Closed 12-1pm for lunch
Melinda James, Deputy Assessor
Linda Key, Deputy Assessor
Duties of the Office:
- Maintain and update records of property transfers, splits and maps.
- Maintain assessment records for individuals owning personal property, business, farmers, etc.
- (Example: cars, trucks, ATV's, livestock, boats, campers, farm machinery, utility trailers, etc.)
- Assist Appraisers and Real Estate Agency's.
- Work in conjunction with the State Tax Commission
Notice: By Order of the State Tax Commission, all Taxpayers owning personal property must report such property to the County Assessor between January 1st and March 1st.
After March 1st, any person failing to comply with such assessment laws shall be assessed a penalty.